Advantages of 64-bit Windows 8 Versions – my students common Question….
Every time in my class, most of my student especially those coming for Advance PC Maintenance & Operating System training, asking me what i called a “common question”.. 64-bit OS advantages???
The 64-bit versions are designed to work with computers that utilize the 64-bit processor architecture.
Here are the 5 important advantages that you need to know about 64-bit Operating System, especially the new Windows 8…
• Improved performance. The 64-bit processors can process more data for each clock cycle, enabling you to scale your applications to run faster or support more users. The trick is, you must install a 64-bit operating system.
• Enhanced memory. A 64-bit operating system can make more efficient use of RAM, and it can address memory above 4 GB. This is not like 32-bit OS which are limited to 4 GB of addressable memory.
• Improved device support. Windows 8 is built on the same kernel as Windows 7, most of the drivers that work with Windows 7 also work with Windows 8.
• Improved security. The architecture of 64-bit processors enables a more secure operating system environment through Kernel Patch Protection (KPP), mandatory kernel-mode driver signing, and Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
• Support for the Client Hyper-V feature. This feature is only supported in the 64-bit versions of Windows 8. Hyper-V requires 64-bit processor architecture that supports “SLAT : second level address translation”.